MailChimp is in search of a web analytics guru to join our Atlanta-based User Experience team. This individual will help the UX team study user behavior patterns and find areas in our apps that slow down or trap users. We don’t want you to measure ROI or “accelerate sales funnel pipeline velocity”, but we do want you to help solve complex usability problems using analytics data in a creative way.
At MailChimp, we all “listen hard and change fast”. This role is no exception. We’ll need you to channel MacGyver and be resourceful, curious and experimental. You’ll spend your day hunting down user roadblocks, watching stats, and finding ways to measure and report on them. Your quantitative research will help design researchers using qualitative methods, creating a clearer picture of the user experience.
- You're a Google Analytics pro, and you know how to mix in other analytics data from KISSMetrics or other tools
- You've used web analytics to study other web apps
- You get UX and usability
- You want to take care of customers more than you want to "optimize conversions"
- You're an analytical thinker with knowledge of statistical theory and data
- You're a Dr. Spock, ready to work with a Captain Kirk to boldly go where no one has gone before (in software design)
- Despite your analytical mind, you can communicate and collaborate
- Your listening skills rival your communication skills
- People love working with you
- People sometimes say you're weird, but you're okay with that. Weird is good